Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Field Experience Summary


I completed 5 field experience hours for REOL 536.
During the field experience task, I was able to accomplish:
§  DE assessment analysis with third grade teacher
§  After school tutoring
§  Observing and assisting a classroom teacher (Lit circle)
In analyzing the Discovery Education test data, I was able to strengthen and enhance my abilities to assess and communicate learning results as per Kentucky Teacher Standard 5.
These field experience hours were beneficial to me in other ways as well. For example, I was able to work in small group settings with students for after-school tutoring. This enabled me the ability to meet the needs of the individual students by targeting specific goals.
Finally, I was able to collaborate with a co-teacher during a literature circle. This was my first experience with a lit circle and I learned a lot from the students such as how they express themselves in that type of activity.
I view this course requirement as a valuable learning experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment